YouTube Short Download: YouTube Short is a Google search engine short-form video service. The service was recently added to live streaming to allow new creators to film and upload skits and comedy dances for 15 seconds or less. That said, the YouTube Shorts download feature for offline viewing is not yet supported. Eat data every time you stream content to the platform. However, there is a way to download YouTube Shorts videos. Although downloading YouTube Shorts through third-party apps and websites is completely free, it is illegal. Similar to downloading YouTube videos, downloading short videos reduce monetization for content creators. However, if you SHOULD, this is how you can download YouTube video downloads for mobile viewing and offline viewing.
What is YouTube Shorts?
Shorts is YouTube’s answer to Instagram Reels, TikTok and other short video platforms. Currently, the service is available in beta form in India and other countries for users with Android mobile phones and tablets. It appears in the YouTube app, next to the home page. YouTube Shorts may be added to iPhone and iPad soon. However, it may not be available for PC and laptop users. As stated above, YouTube Shorts supports videos that are 15 seconds or less. Its features include a multi-segment camera to string together multiple video clips, the option to record with music from a song library, speed controls, and a timer and countdown to keep you informed.
How to download videos on YouTube Short
Download Using Youtube Studio
To download your own YouTube Shorts video, you will need to open YouTube Studio on PC. Sign in with a YouTube account where your video has been published. Click the Content tab on the left. All your videos (normal and short) will appear. Move your mouse over the video you want to download and click the three-dot icon. Select Download from the menu.
Download short videos from others
YouTube offers a traditional way to download regular videos that also works for Shortcuts. Although such videos can be viewed offline, they are only open within the YouTube app. That is, they are not downloaded to the gallery of your phone. Therefore, you cannot view or share them without YouTube.
Unlike normal YouTube videos, you won’t find the download button while watching Short. However, there is an operating system that allows you to download shortcuts and view them later offline.
To download Shortcuts for offline viewing, follow these steps:
- Open the shortcut video you want to download.
- Touch the channel name below the video. You will be taken to a screen where you will see the videos posted on the channel. Click again on the channel name.
- Touch the Videos tab and find the shortcut video you want to download. Tap the three-dot icon next to the video and select Download Video.
Another way to open the short video like a normal video is to click the music icon below the short video. Then tap on the arrow icon next to the video title.
The video will open like normal YouTube videos. Hit the Download button below the video. This method will be useful if the video uses the original video. Therefore, you will find only one video under the music tag.
To view downloaded videos, open the YouTube app and click the Library tab below. Then click Download and you will find the videos.
Download Videos Using YouTube Shortcut Downloaders
If you want to download YouTube Shorts videos to your phone gallery on Android and iPhone, you can get the help of YouTube video downloader websites. Where there are dedicated websites that allow you to download Shorts, you can also use the websites that download regular YouTube videos.
- Open the Shorts video you are interested in downloading. Tap the Share icon and choose the Copy link from the menu.
- Open https://tricksndtips.com/yt-shorts/ in a browser on your phone or PC, and paste the copied link in the available box. Tap the button next to the box.
- Scroll down and tap the Download button. If you want to change the resolution of the video, tap the arrow next to the download button and select the resolution.
- On Android, the video will automatically start downloading and will be saved to your phone’s gallery.
On iPhone, tap the Download button on the pop-up menu to start the download. You will find the downloaded video in the Files app.
So open the Files app and navigate to the Downloads folder. Open the video and hit the Share button followed by Save Video if you want to watch it using the Apple Photos app.
How to Download Short YouTube Videos on Android
- How to download yt short videos from YouTube
- Open the YouTube app on your Android phone
- Go to the Shortcut section. It’ll be next to the home icon on the page below.
- Tap the ‘share’ icon and select ‘Copy Link’
- After this, open your browser that supports downloading.
- Visit Short Download and paste a YouTube Shorts video link into the “Paste link here” box
- Click Search and scroll down to see the available YouTube video formats for download
- Tap the ‘Download’ button next to the format to save the video to your device
The downloaded YouTube Shorts video will appear in your phone’s gallery. If you don’t find it there, check the downloaded folder in the File Manager app.